Wednesday 11 September 2013

Womb Cancer.

I'm tired of hearing how I brought it on myself,
How I must have been irresponsible when it came to my health,
I was a fit and healthy young woman - the doctors confirmed it -
So why did I develop womb cancer?
I'd like an explanation of what went wrong,
Not blame and supposition now the cancer's gone,
I gave the bits to research when they cut it all out,
So when might we hear something useful?
I've never smoked and nor do I drink,
My heart is fine but I feel it sink
Every time someone else points a finger.
I'm not a lone exception to the rule,
I'm not unique so don't be fooled,
It's fine to say keep healthy, don't overeat, stay fit,
Womb cancer's not the only cancer that advice can hit,
It makes sense for a lot of health issues.
Cancer won't discriminate, thin or fat.
My friend's a vegetarian and takes her coffee black,
Another friend runs marathons, so answer me this:
Why did we develop womb cancer?

© RamblingRose@PeachPonderings. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment