Thursday 1 May 2014

A Modern Day Hero.

So many of us have been awed by the story of Stephen Sutton, the nineteen year old with terminal cancer. Very few of us have a Stephen in our life, someone motivational and inspiring, so he has captured the collective imagination.

I've been struck by Stephen's positive outlook and believe him to be an exceptional role model for us all. What would the world be like were everyone to adopt his simple life-is-for-living philosophy as their own? It's a philosophy with which I can identify, in as much as I have always looked for the positives through cancer and beyond. Sometimes it's been hard but positive is now my default mindset and I try my best to keep it that way.

My grandfather once told me the family motto is 'Yield not to adversity'. Stephen Sutton is an example of that motto in practice. My thoughts are with this remarkable young man and his family.

Love Rose x


© All rights reserved.

1 comment:

  1. Sadly, Stephen died thirteen days after I posted this piece. He raised funds for Teenage Cancer Trust and you can read their tribute to him here:

    http://www.teenagecancertrust.org/get-involved/news/teenage-cancer-trust-ceo-pays-tribute-to-stephen-s/

    Love Rose x

    ReplyDelete