Thursday 31 January 2013

Trial and Improvement.

"Miss, do you have a valentine?"
"Miss, are you married?"
"What's that got to do with you?"
Now I'm feeling harried!
Trial and improvement could describe my life,
What's it matter to these kids whether I'm a wife?
Am I too defensive? Am I being crabby?
Will their parents phone me up,
Complaining that I'm shabby?
I used to hate Mathematics
When I was at school,
But since I've been an adult
Numbers rule.
The kids don't see things my way,
They're inquisitive, alive, 
They see me as a person,
I should relish that and thrive.
Instead I field their questions
To keep their probing out,
Because cancer killed his love for me
And drove all passion out.
I don't speak as a victim, 
I've never thought that way,
I speak as a survivor
Who's lived to fight another day.
He used to say, "You're worth it,"
He used to love me true,
So please don't ask me questions
That cut me through and through.


© Rambling Rose@PeachPonderings. All rights reserved.


No comments:

Post a Comment