Thursday 7 March 2013

Never Say Never.

I was told I'd be radiated,
Once I'd been butchered like a pig.
I was told they wanted me going through chemo,
It meant I'd likely end up in a wig.
When the op day came I felt nervous,
I knew the surgery would take my youth.
The doctors tried to reassure me,
I was told they'd do the best they could.
It was my second general anaesthetic
In the space of six short weeks,
I felt I had only just recovered
Simply to be put straight back to sleep.
I worried that perhaps I wouldn't wake up,
Until I realised I wouldn't care.
Realistically, if I didn't wake up,
It wouldn't matter to me; I'd not be there.
My mother was totally devastated,
Emotionally she found it so hard to cope,
But I found that staying positive and smiling
Helped me give my daughter hope.
I was told the op was successful,
I was told all the cancer was out,
But the surgeon adding, "Never say never,"
Sowed a lingering seed of doubt.


© RamblingRose@PeachPonderings. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment