Friday 9 November 2012

Fatigue Follow-Up.

Well, here I am, still feeling tired after my recent early night - I had to lay down before I fell down! - but certainly better than I was. Do you get days like that?

Over the last two years or so, the post-cancer fatigue has gone from crushing to manageable. Every cancer patient I know seems to experience fatigue and I recently read that researchers at the Mayo Clinic Cancer Care Help Center in the US have found it can last for up to ten years!! That thought didn't exactly make my day, but it certainly helped explain why the medical Registrar's 'you should expect to feel tired for the first four months after surgery' hasn't quite cut it for me. And it seems I'm not the only one.

I'm not complaining - I can now walk to work in record time every morning, when cancer once had me shuffling along slower than Mrs Overall from Acorn Antiques. I'm grateful to have reached this point and, as I keep reading, exercise is apparently a good way to combat fatigue. So maybe it's a self-fulfilling prophecy, that the better I feel the faster I walk so the better I feel....

If you're struggling with fatigue, then maybe the following site can help:





Love Rose x


© All rights reserved.


No comments:

Post a Comment