Sunday 7 April 2013

Positive Thoughts.

I promised to think of some positive thoughts,
To work on remembering my life's not worth nought,
So I look at the blue sky, bright with the sun,
And my positive thinking journey's begun.
I remember my grandmother teaching me sewing,
And baking and crochet, my list keeps on growing,
She taught me to read and to write so young,
I thought she'd be with me forever.
I think of my grandfather teaching me Welsh,
I remember 'diolch' and not much else,
But my love of languages continued to grow
With French and German,
And Classical Greek I'll have you know.
I loved literature and history,
Back then maths was more a mystery
Than it currently is in my life.
I loved all mythology,
Greek and Roman absorbed me,
I also loved biology, though dissection appalled me.
No drinking or smoking, though I partied and danced,
Not so much now though, I've avoided the chance.
At some point cross-stitch came into my life,
Of course not so much now with my eyesight,
But the skills I acquired so long ago
Still serve me well with buttons,
And hems, don't you know,
And my daughter is keen to try them.
With that I turn to the love of my life,
My gift from the gods since that 1989 night
When I first knew that I was in labour.
I think she's the one person who transformed my life,
As she opened my eyes to life's wondrous sights,
And taught me to love unconditionally.
So I thank her for her love and count all my blessings,
And when times are tough, instead of stressing,
I'll think of this day with its positive thoughts
And know that my life is worth much more than nought.


© RamblingRose@PeachPonderings. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment