Sunday 10 February 2013

Cautiously Optimistic.

Is it more than I dare hope for
That he still cares for me,
The way he always used to care
Before the cancer surgery?
I believe in staying positive,
Though that can be hard to do,
The plus point is that, currently,
We're trying as a two.
It feels good to pull together,
To chat, to joke, to laugh,
As it's true that since the cancer
We'd both walked our separate path.
His comments now set me smiling,
The way they used to do,
Plus he wants to spend more time with me
To sit and talk things through.
I see it as a good thing 
That we're together more each day,
And I feel that we're both trying
To meet each other at least half way.
I say it's more like old times,
He says and times to come,
So I am cautiously optimistic
That he maybe feels he's home.


© Rambling Rose@PeachPonderings. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment