Friday 8 February 2013

I'm Beginning To See.

He said it was him, not me,
And I'm beginning to see 
How that might possibly be true.
I thought it was 'my' cancer
Supplying the answer,
That was making us both feel blue.
There was never any doubt 
That I loved him,
And I see in his face 
That his feelings may - gradually -
Be returning.
Yet I cannot dare to hope,
For it would shatter more than dreams
If all were not as it seems.
We had both retreated,
Closed down,
Each hiding behind our own wall,
So it may take brick by brick, slowly,
Before those walls fully fall.
The years of closing off,
Of hiding away,
In order to fight illness every day,
Changed priorities to help us cope,
But the denial of love
And the lack of affection
Have been making us both feel choked.
The sun is shining brightly today,
And the daffodils are out
But the cold remains.
Who knows what will emerge
From all the turbulence and pain.
Will we both come through stronger?
Will the spark of love re-ignite?
Communication channels have opened,
Our summer may yet be in sight.


© Rambling Rose@PeachPonderings. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment